4 Shows I've Been Loving on Netflix Lately

IG//@romanovsviews

I seem to have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Netflix. There are times that I'll become so engrossed in a series that I watch it every day for hours on end. But there are also times I scroll through and can't find a single thing so I won't use it for weeks on end. It can be hard to find decent shows on Netflix sometimes so I thought I'd share a few of my recent favourites with you.


1 .   B L A C K   L I G H T N I N G

I'll be honest, when my boyfriend first put this on I rolled my eyes. I'm not really a superhero movie type of girl, but since Black Panther came out I've been a little more open towards the idea.

This series is amazing! It follows school principle Jefferson Pierce as he returns as the legendary superhero Black Lightning. He gave up on his superhero powers for his family, but when his daughters are in danger he steps back up and becomes Black Lightning once more. The show sends a similar message as Black Panther, showing that black men, women and children can be superheroes too.

2 .   U N S O L V E D

Unsolved is a dramatised documentary about the police investigation following the murders of legendary hip-hop artists Tupac Shakur and Biggie Smalls. This series gripped me from the first episode and I ended up watching it all in one sitting!

Everyone has their own theory when it comes to the Tupac case, but the detectives behind it believe they have finally solved what really happened. The only problem is, it's too difficult to prove.

3 .   M A R L O N

This has quickly become my favourite sitcom, although it needs more seasons as one is definitely not enough!

After getting divorced but still remaining close friends, Marlon and his ex-wife attempt to co-parent their two children. Every episode is full of drama and comedy from start to finish.

4 .   L U T H E R

Idis Elba stars in this British Drama as a detective with anger issues. Whilst fighting crime and solving cases, he struggles to keep a grip on his personal life and the drama going on in it. Unfortunately for him, work and real life seem to get mixed up causing all sorts of moral dilemmas.


No comments