5 Beauty Mistakes You're Probably Making

We all make beauty mistakes, it's unavoidable. Some make more than others, although we've all been guilty of it at least once in our lives. Here are some of the most common beauty mistakes and how to prevent them.


1. Applying Foundation to a Dry Face. There's nothing worse than applying foundation straight onto a naked face as it tends to leave your foundation looking dry and patchy. Moisturising your face and applying a thin layer of primer can make all the difference, believe me. It wasn't until recently that I started making sure I at least moisturised my face before beginning my makeup routine, and I've noticed a significant difference. My foundation now goes on a lot smoother and looks a lot more natural.

2. Not Washing Your Makeup Brushes. I'm probably the worst person in the world at remembering to wash my makeup brushes and putting off doing it for as long as I can. Even though it's a bit of a chore, it's important to remember to do it. It's recommended that foundation and concealer brushes are washed at least once a week in order to prevent too much product build up. Freshly washed makeup brushes also apply product a lot better. I definitely don't wash my brushes once a week, but it's something that I'm going to aim to get better at.

3. Not Blending Your Foundation. Again, something I've been guilty of in the past. Foundation should never just stop at your face. This creates a visible line and discolouration. For a natural look, continue to blend your foundation partway down your neck.

4. Wonky Eyeliner. Not everybody's going to be great at applying eyeliner, especially if you're just starting out. A trick I picked up, when I first started using liquid eyeliner, is to apply masking tape to the outer corner of your eyes first. This ensures a straight line when you apply your eyeliner and also allows you to choose the angle you want. Another trick I've learnt (and how I apply my eyeliner now) is to draw the outline of your wing and then colour it in.

5. Wearing Waterproof Mascara on the Regular. Waterproof mascara is actually really bad for your lashes. It tends to dry them out and it's also really difficult to get all the product off at the end of the day. Waterproof mascara is extremely handy, although it's probably best saved for days where it's really needed rather than wearing it daily.

No comments