Summer Makeup Tips


Summer is great, but maybe not when it comes to wearing makeup. It often tends to to end up looking sticky and cakey and because of this, many girls prefer to go makeup-free. If you still prefer to wear makeup over the summer, you can follow some of these tips to help prevent your makeup looking cakey and create a more natural look.

1. ONLY USE A LIGHT LAYER OF FOUNDATION

Some people prefer to use BB creams or tinted moisturiser, which are a lot lighter than foundation, but I find that they don't give me enough coverage, so just applying a light layer of foundation works a lot better for me. Too much foundation during the summer can often end up looking cakey and unnatural.

2. TRUE MATCH FOUNDATION

If you tan during the summer then the chances are your foundation is going to end up being too light for you. Instead of spending out on new foundation and trying to find the right colour (that will probably change again soon anyway) it's probably better to get some True Match Foundation as it adjusts to the colour of your skin to ensure a natural look. I use L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation (£9.99)

3. BRONZER

I find that contour looks way too heavy on my face during the summer months, but without it I look too plain. During summer I prefer to replace my contour stick with a bronzer instead to add a bit of a glow to my cheeks and forehead.

4. WATERPROOF MASCARA

Mascara can be a pain during the summer. The main problem with it is that it can melt due to the heat and leave you with black marks under your eyes. To solve this I switched to waterproof mascara and I no longer have this problem. It's also great for if you're going to be in the sea or a swimming pool because you shouldn't come out with panda eyes. 

5. SETTING POWDER

I've only recently discovered setting powder and I can't believe I've never used it before. I apply it after I've finished all my makeup and it works to keep your makeup in place and leave a matte finish. If I don't apply it I'll usually end up looking shiny and oily as the day goes on. I use the NYX Professional Makeup Studio Finishing Powder (£9.00)

No comments